We aren't terribly big on secrets here. To us the magic is in the making! So we are happy to share some of our most popular recipes with you.
Brine for Table Pickles
- 1 yellow onion, julienne cut
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1.5 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/2 gallon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 oz whole black peppercorn
- 3/4 oz whole cloves
- 1/2 oz dried juniper berries
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- handful fresh dill
Couldnt be easier to make!
combine all ingredients in a container large to hold the brine and your cucumbers and stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Add your cucumbers (1-2 lbs, cut into spears), cover and place into your refrigerator.
Your first batch will be ready to eat the next day but will improve over time. You can typically get a second batch of pickles out of the brine but the second batch will need to sit for 48 hours to really pickup the flavors. However if the brine gets cloudy do not reuse.